More About Our Software
The 12 Characteristics of a Purpose Driven Church
1. Operates around a Purpose Statement that describes the commitment to building the church around five New Testament purposes: Worship, Evangelism, Fellowship, Discipleship, and Ministry.
2. Uses a Purpose Driven Church strategy to fulfill the purpose statement. Such a strategy brings people to Christ and into membership in His family, builds them up to maturity, equips them for ministry in the church, and sends them out on a life mission in the world in order to bring glory to God. The Purpose-Driven strategy is based on two vital assumptions: a) People grow best when you allow them to make gradual commitments. b) You must ask for commitment in specific ways, such as using covenants.
3. Is organized around a Purpose Driven Church structure, which ensures balance and gives equal emphasis to all five New Testament purposes. Church should be a team-based rather than hierarchical in structure. Everything should be organized around Purpose-based teams, composed of lay leaders and staff, with each team responsible for a specific purpose and target group (such as the Community, the Crowd, the Congregation, the Committed, and the Core).
4. Organizes programs by purpose. There should be at least one program for fulfilling each of the five purposes and each of the corresponding constituencies. For example:
a) Evangelize the Community.
b) Gather the Crowd for worship.
c) Create fellowship in the Congregation.
d) Disciple the Committed.
e) Equip the Core for ministry and mission.
5. Is staffed by purpose. Every purpose has its own champion. There are volunteers to lead and serve on each purpose-based team as well as full-time, paid positions as needed.
6. Preaches by purpose. Messages and series are planned to insure that the congregation receives a balanced emphasis on each of the purposes.
7. Forms small groups on purpose. The Purpose-Driven structure is implanted in every cell or care group of the Body of Christ. Each small group helps members fulfill each of the five purposes in their lives. The goal is to help every believer live a Purpose-Driven life.
8. Calendars by purpose. The purposes are the determining factor in deciding which events are scheduled. Every event must fulfill at least one of the five purposes or it is not approved.
9. Budgets by purpose. Every expenditure is categorized by the purpose it relates to.
10. Builds by purpose. Buildings are seen as ministry tools, not monuments. They must serve the purposes and never become more important than the purposes.
11. Evaluates by purpose, regularly asking: Are we balancing all five purposes? Is there a better way to fulfill each purpose?
12. Builds the church from the outside in, rather than from the inside out. Builds a healthy multi-dimensional ministry by focusing on one level of commitment at a time.
A Healthy Purpose Driven Church
Healthy Purpose Driven churches have a clear 5-point focus that guides all their efforts.
If you want to hit a target, you need to aim the arrow towards it. Not just anywhere, but specifically at what you want to hit. The organizational part of a church works the same way. You can’t do things haphazardly and expect good results.
Why Am I Here For?
- Purpose #1: You Were Planned for God’s Pleasure (Worship)
- Purpose #2: You Were Formed for God’s Family (Fellowship)
- Purpose #3: You Were Created to Become Like Christ (Discipleship)
- Purpose #4: You Were Shaped for Serving God (Ministry)
- Purpose #5: You Were Made for a Mission (Mission)
Five New Testament Purposes That Can Be Tracked
- Worship – Welcome Cards, Attendance, Donations Module
- Fellowship – People Information, Attendance, MInistry Module
- Discipleship – Spiritual Milestones, Classes and Events
- Ministry – Ministry Module
- Mission – Ministry Module and Events
Purpose Driven Church Software
To help you grow a purpose driven church we have a software call Church Growth Software. This church software was designed for a purpose driven church.
You can try this church management software for the next 30 days at no cost to you and see how it can help you in growing your church. This Church Growth Software demo will keep all the information you entered, so that when you decide to upgrade to a full version of this church software, none of the information will be lost.
Try A Free Demo Today!